Hot Stones Massage
Thank you for visiting my website. Due to the arrival of our new son I'm currently on maternity leave.
60 mins full body massage £55
Allow extra 30 mins for consultation and relaxation at the end of the treatment
Stone Therapy Massage combines the use of hot and cold stones with traditional massage to create balance and harmony on all levels.
The stones enable deeper penetration of pressure to effect chemical, physical and spiritual healing within the mind, body and spirit.
One stroke with basalt stone is thought to be equivalent to up to ten manual massage strokes resulting in quicker and more efficient achievement of traditional massage.
History of Stone Therapy
For over 3000 years, Chinese people have used heated stones to relieve tired aching muscles. The Hawaiian Kahunas (priests or elders) were also using warm lava stones wrapped in the moist bark of the Noni plant.
In modern times, it was Mary Nelson from Arizona who began developing various techniques in 1970s and who contributed to creation of Stone Therapy Massage, also known as Geothermotherapy, in 1993.
Benefits of using hot stones:
- Heat causes vasodilation bringing more oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and speed up the removal of carbon dioxide and waste
- Increasing elimination of lactic acid from muscles helps tiredness and aching
- Increasing lymphatic system circulation speeds up detoxification of the body
- Cell metabolism is increased, aiding cell function, healing and repair of tissues
- Body metabolism is increased, improving the efficiency of the body systems
- The warmth from hot stones soothes nerve endings causing deep relaxation
Benefits of using cold stones:
- Vasoconstriction narrows blood vessels, cooling and soothing inflamed areas, also reducing fluid retention
- Numbing or reducing of sensitivity occurs due to analgesic effect of cold
- Cold stone applied over the eyes can help reduce dark circles, and on the face helps to decongest the sinuses
- Tightening and firming impact of cold has firming and toning effect on the skin
The alternative application of hot and cold will have a much greater effect, than when used individually.
The special offer of the combination of Stone Massage and Aromatherapy or Indian Head Massage provides an even greater effect on the body.
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE FOR THIS TREATMENT